This policy describes how we use and protect personal data and ensure that employees are familiar with the rules that apply to the use of the personal data that they can access as part of their work.
This policy aims to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and, in particular, article 13.
XLBoom is a data collector and we make sure that all data is collected in accordance with legislation.
Contact information: XL BV – Simon De Heuvellaan 1, 2110 Wijnegem, Belgium
2. GENERAL PROVISIONS ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
All processing of personal data at our company is subject to the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency. Personal data is only collected for legitimate purposes which have been specifically indicated, and we comply with the data mining principle. We strive to ensure that all information is correct and up to date, and we prioritise the principles of storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality and, in particular, accountability.
For questions about the way we process your personal data please contact us by mail: email@example.com.
3. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING; CATEGORIES OF DATA BEING PROCESSED
Below you can find our reasons for processing personal data.
- Processing orders.
- Fulfilling complaints and warranty obligations
- Sales follow-ups
- Communication in connection with your orders or other enquiries that you sent us
- Optimizing our digital solutions
- The possibility to participate in customer surveys, competitions, draws, etc. via digital solution.
- Archive of registered products and the associated personal data
- Legal requirements (exercise of public authority)
3.1 What data do we collect?
We use data about you to fulfil our agreement with you, to improve our service and to ensure the quality of our products and services. The personal data we process consists of:
3.1.1 Automatically collected data
XLBoom has some solutions based on technologies aimed at ensuring user-friendliness and security. These technologies can collect data automatically so we can implement the best possible solution, Google Analytics and cookies is an example of this.
All visits to a digital solution involve information being sent from your browser to a server. We optimize the digital solutions by analysing this data.
- Date and time of visit
- Pages visited
- Your IP address
- The geographic location of the IP address
- Information on the browser and computer used (type, version, operating system, etc.)
- URL of the referring site (the site where the visitor came from)
XLBoom respects the rules concerning collecting data and the collected data will not be passed on.
3.1.2 Information that you provide
We collect information that you provide in connection with a visit to our website.
The data that you actively provide is usually general and may include name, address, telephone number, email address, etc. The data usually originates from:
- Information that we receive from you in connection with orders on our online shop
- Information that you share via social media
- Information sent by email
- Information that you share with us when you participate in events and competitions
This list is not exhaustive.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer, on your tablet or on your smart phone. Cookies contain data that the website uses to optimise communication between you and your browser. Cookies do not identify you as an individual user, but they do identify your computer.
Cookies also ensure a smoother user experience by remembering your personal preferences and allowing you to log in more quickly. Upon visiting our Website, you will be asked to accept or refuse the cookie technology. You can also choose to accept or reject all cookies in your web browser. We do not share our cookies with any other site.
4.1 What is a cookie?
There are two types of cookies – temporary and permanent. Temporary cookies are data files that are deleted when you shut down your browser. Permanent cookies are data files that are saved on your computer until they are deleted. Permanent cookies delete themselves after a period of time, but they are renewed every time you visit our website www.xlboom.com
We use similar technologies, which save and read information in the browser or device and which use local devices and local storage, such as HTML 5 cookies, Flash and other methods. These technologies may work across different browsers. In certain cases, the use of these technologies are not managed by the browser, but require special tools. We use these technologies to store data that is used to ensure the quality of our services and to detect irregularities in the use of www.xlboom.com
A cookie may contain text, numbers or, for example, a date, but it does not contain personal data. A cookie is not a program and cannot contain viruses.
4.2 TYPES OF COOKIES AND THEIR PURPOSE
- Statistics, i.e. for measuring traffic, including the number of visitors at www.xlboom.com, which domains the visitors come from, which pages they visit at www.xlboom.com and the geographic area of the visitors.
- Improve the functionality, i.e. improving the functionality and optimising your experience when visiting www.xlboom.com.
- Integrate with social media, i.e. allowing you to integrate with social media such as Facebook.
- Ensuring the quality of our service and preventing abuse and irregularities in connection with the use of our services.
- Displaying specific advertising at www.xlboom.com, which we believe would be relevant to you.
4.2.1 Third-party cookies
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics for statistical and marketing purposes.
- Facebook: We use Facebook for statistical and marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to delete cookies from your hard disk, block all cookies or receive a notification before cookies are saved. However, you should be aware that, in such cases, there may be services or functions that you cannot use because they require cookies to remember the choices you make. We hope that you will allow our cookies, as they help us improve www.xlboom.com.
5. HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONTENT
When we collect declarations of consent from visitors at www.xlboom.com, we use a module through which the user can also withdraw their consent.
If a declaration of consent is withdrawn, the data collection is halted and an automatic block is initiated. Since cookies are actual files, they must be deleted manually from the device, either via the browser or using a program.
If you have any questions with regard to the above, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.